5th Intensive Course on Shia Islamic Studies
About The Event
Date: August 21-27, 2017
Venue: Qum, Iran
Shi’a Studies is a discipline in which the formation of Shi‘ism, its expansion in various countries, and its current situation in the world, as well as its belief system, moral teachings, rituals, and laws are discussed. The University of Religions and Denominations, Qom, Iran, will hold short-term courses with the following outline:
Academic Workshop (August 21- 27)
- First day: Opening and Introduction
- Second day: Shiite Doctrines
- Third day: Shiite Rituals
- Fourth day: Shiite Ethics and Mysticism
- Fifth day: Shiite in Society
- Sixth day: Shiite Authority and Political Thought
- Seventh day: Shiite and Contemporary Challenges
Cultural Tour (August 28- 31)
- First day: Exploring Isfahan
- Second day: A Night in the Desert
- Third day: Exploring Tehran
- Fourth day: Closing in Capital
Shi’ism is considered as the second largest denomination of Islam, and more than 40% of the world’s Shi’ites live in Iran. The main topic of this program is to focus upon Twelver Shi’ism; however, participants in this course will also learn about other main branches of Shi’ism.
The whole program will be in English, and a proper certificate will be granted to the participants at the end.
After a one-week workshop in Qom and Mashhad, a 5-day tour of acquaintance with Iran’s cultural and religious environment is intended for the participants, in which the ancient monuments and tourist attractions in the cities of Isfahan and Tehran will be visited.
More information at: University of Religions & Denominations’ website
This event has expired
University of Religions and Denominations