Chosen Prophet: Medinan Life
About The Event
Unit Name: Chosen Prophet: Medinan Life
Duration: 10 weeks
Starting Date: December 3, 2016 @ 9:30 am
After the migration from Mecca to Medina, the Prophet (peace be upon him) initiated the first Islamic government, the basis of which was mercy, tolerance, and mutual understanding.
The historical achievements of the Prophet (peace be upon him) are significant today; from his humanitarian treaties with non-Muslims to his unparalleled approach to governance, all provide a model for modern life.
This unit (FPHM2) is a continuation of unit FPHM1, Chosen Prophet: Meccan Life, although it can be taken as a stand-alone unit.
- Understanding the development of the first Islamic government.
- Understanding the underlying principles behind key Prophetic decisions.
- Understanding the implications of those decisions and teachings for the modern world.
- Understanding how Islamic laws developed.
- The Prophet’s migration to Medina.
- Key agreements and treaties between the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the people.
- The nature of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in a variety of roles, as father, spouse, leader, and Messenger.
- Different miracles of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
- Key events during the Medinan Period.
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) approach to nurturing an entire civilization.
- Describe decisive battles and expeditions during the Medinan period.
- Analyze the narrative of the Prophet’s life to draw on its application to your life.
More information at: ISNAD Institute
This event has expired