EARLI SIG19 – Conference on Religious and Spiritual Education
About The Event
Worldviews in Creating Meaning and Purpose for Learning
Call for Papers
Date: June 11-13, 2018
Venue: University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, Finland
Proposal Submission Deadline: Dec. 15, 2017
The sixth biennial conference of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction EARLI, Special Interest Group 19: Religious and Spiritual Education provides an international academic forum for presenting and discussing latest research findings on religious and spiritual education taking place in different societal and educational settings and across age groups. The EARLI SIG 19 is addressing both junior and senior scholars to present their work.
The topic of the conference discusses how worldviews impact people’s motivation to learn, how worldviews guide people’s life choices and future orientation, and how worldviews and religions help people to find meaning and purpose in life.
- Professor Alyssa Bryant Rockenbach, North Carolina State University, USA
- Associate Professor Jenny Berglund, Södertörn University, Sweden
- Professor Kirsi Tirri, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Professor Ulrich Riegel, Universty of Siegen, Germany
Call for Papers
For submissions you will need to prepare an abstract of 200-250 words maximum (excluding references), informing about:
– Mention your preference for a paper or a poster presentation, or a particular roundtable session.
– Include your research questions and objectives,
– Theoretical framework and the referred literature,
– Research design (research approach, methods and tools for collecting and analyzing data) for empirical research or data sources, evidences and materials for others research projects,
– Findings of the study.
Conference Website: http://www.uef.fi/en/web/sig19conference2018/home
This event has expired
University of Eastern Finland