Master of Arts in Muslim Cultures
About The Event
Call for Applications
Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations, Aga Khan University, London, UK
Application Deadline: January 27, 2023
The MA program at the Aga Khan University’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations (AKU-ISMC) in London provides you with expert insight and deep understanding of Muslim cultures and civilizations, both in the historical and contemporary worlds. This program gives you the skills to engage critically, in original and creative ways, with the challenges faced by Muslim societies. To help ensure that you are fulfilling the objectives of this course, teaching is student-centered and academics, who are leaders in their fields, seek to enhance your learning through a multi-faceted approach that applies a framework of world cultures, humanities and social sciences to the study of Muslim contexts. The MA is also available for full-time or part-time study.
Applications for admission onto the MA Program are welcomed twice during the year, in the Spring and in the Autumn. However, the admission decision process is as follows:
• All applications received by 27th January 2023 will receive consideration and a decision is made by March 2023 for full-time study mode.
• Part-time study mode applications will be considered sooner and will begin their semester in either September or January. Full-time applicants will start in September of that academic year.
In applying for the MA in Muslim Cultures, you must complete the Application Form online and upload the necessary documents within the application. These are:
1. An official copy of your undergraduate degree and attested copies of academic transcripts
2. Valid proof of English proficiency:
3. Two references, submitted directly to the Admissions Inbox (via email).
Tuition Fees: £150.00 per credit (full-time students in 2022-2023 pay £1800/semester for 12 credits).
Through its Financial Assistance Program, the University aims to ensure that no individual be denied entry because of inability to pay tuition, living expenses and other costs.
Assistance will be provided through loans or scholarships to supplement personal resources. This is based upon the evaluation of a student’s need from financial data provided. Students are expected to make some contribution towards fees, accommodation or subsistence.
More information on: Aga Khan University
This event has expired
Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations, Aga Khan University