University Assistant (prae doc) at the Institut für Islamisch-theologische Studien
About The Event
University of Vienna
Call for Application
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017
The Department of Islamic-Theological Studies at the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies provides theological research and teaching to promote scientific education for religious trainees for Islamic Religious Societies.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Participation in research, teaching and administration at the Institute for Islamic-theologic Studies. The focus of the participation will be in the work area of the Islamic religious education. In addition, the work on an own dissertation project is desirable.
Main tasks include:
– Contribution to research projects / scientific studies
– Contribution to publications / scientific articles
– Contribution to organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
– Project application and (external) fundraising
– Possibility to write a dissertation
– Holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement
– Examination activities
– Support of students
– Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
– Participation in administration of the institute
– Degree (diploma or master degree) in the field of Islamic Religious Education, Islamic Theology or Education/Pedagogy or degree (diploma or master degree) in the field of Psychology with up to date knowledge in the field of Religious Education and Islamic Studies.
– A corresponding theoretical knowledge, and knowledge of key empirical research methods
– Ability to work under pressure
– Willingness to teamwork
– Ability to work independently
– Good computer skills,
– High command of written and oral English
– Turkish, Persian and Arabic skills are an advantage.
– Letter of intent
– Scientific CV / List of publications
– Exposé for a dissertation project
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 31.08.2017, mentioning reference number 7431.
For further information, please contact Forian-Szabo, Viktor +43-1-4277-42501.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Source: University of Vienna
This event has expired
University of Vienna